Low-Carb Pancakes with Coconut Flour (with a Keto friendly version!)
Pancakes are quickly becoming popular within Nepal. Unfortunately, they are also the first items to go when you follow a low-carb or a keto-diet.
Luckily, by making a few substitutes you can make soft, delicious and low-carb pancakes in no time- which can also be keto friendly! Here are the directions below:
Ingredients (for 5 pancakes)
25 Grams Coconut Flour, 50 Grams Cream Cheese, 50 Greams Butter, 50 grams Heavy Whipping Cream, 3 Eggs, 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract, 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Power, Stevia.
Note- You can adjust the thickness of the batter by adding 10 grams more coconut flour at a time.
Substitues for Maple Syrup:
Maple Syrup is better than Sugar but it is definitely a complete no-no for low-carb diets. Fortunately, there are some substitues:
1) For those not on a strict keto or low-carb diet, Honey is a healthy and delicious substitute
2) If you're on a strict diet, you can use regular butter or peanut butter. If you're feeling a bit adventurous, you can even make your own peanut butter syrup by using peanut butter, some sweetner like Stevia and some water to thin it out
Instructions for Cooking:
1) Sift Coconut flour with baking powder and then add the cinnamon powder with salt. Mix well
2) Melt butter and cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds and whisk well.
3) After mixture has cooled, add 3 eggs, vanilla extract and 2-3 drops of stevia
4) Mix this mixture with the mixture prepared in step one and whisk together into a smooth batter.
5) Use a suitable oil or butter for heating and cook on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Don't be surprised if you see bubbles in the batter!
6) Cover the pan with a lid and then flip it over, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
7) Use the appropriate substitute for Maple Syrup.
As always, feel free to message us at 9828595459 if you any difficulties making this!